What You Should Know About Combustion
Nobody likes thinking about possible combustion or ignition risks. Yet, it is very important to be aware of these risks and take precaution when handling powder coating and curing equipment. To keep you safe, we’d like to supply you with two helpful lists. See the chart below for a visual representation.
Elements That Should Be…
- Powder to Air mixture: keep powder concentration outside the explosion (flammability) limits
- Compressed air supply
- Booth air flow
- Sparks from poor grounds
- Electrical equipment
How to Control Powder to Air Mixtures...
- Engineered powder systems
- Quality spray guns
- Exaggerated powder output
- Size of openings
- NFPA and OSHA exhaust guidelines
- System expansion factors
- Reduced efficiency factors
For additional information on TCI’s powder coatings, visit tcipowder.com. For more on powder coating hazards and safety, click here to see the troubleshooting guide.
Post a Comment