The charging characteristic of a powder is directly related to both the physical properties of the material itself and the specific processing conditions.
Factors affecting charge include:
- Particle size
- Substrate type (conductivity)
- Substrate size
- Line speed (time to spray)
- Virgin to reclaim ratio
- Gun flow rates (vol. and speed)
- Gun voltage and current (amount of charge)
- Resin type
- Particle shape
- Substrate shape (flat, frame, recess, etc.)
- Substrate temperature
- Booth airflow
- Gun to substrate distance
- Quality of ground
- Gun tip and deflectors
It is important to examine and find the best process factors to improve your bottom line, reduce overall costs, and meet performance requirements with quality and efficiency.
Please contact us today to speak with one of our professional service technicians. We can help you with application questions or any of your powder coating needs.