The function of a powder recovery system is to collect any overspray material and return it suitable for recycling, while at the same time removing the powder particles from the exhaust air stream before it discharges into the atmosphere. The recovery system consists of three components: the booth, which contains the excess powder; the collector, which retrieves the excess; and the filters, which clean and return the air.
- Provides a contained area for the application and holds excess powder
- Provides a controlled atmosphere with safe operating levels
- Permits the maximum possible exposure time of the parts to the powder
- Circulates the powders’ concentration towards the parts and away from the booth walls
- Separates the powder from the air stream exhaust
- Allows for a maximum retrieval of powder overspray
- Permits a central collection area to reintroduce reclaim powder into the untouched powder
- Allows for the return of cleaned conditioned air back into the coating area
For more information like this, please see or download our powder coating technical guide on our website.