Powder coatings are coatings that are applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between powder coatings and conventional liquid paint is that powder coatings do not require a solvent to keep the filler parts and the binder in a liquid form. However, there are several advantages to choosing powder coatings over conventional liquid coatings, which include:
- Powder coatings emit minimal or no volatile organic compounds (VOC), and therefore are environmentally protective
- Powder coatings can produce thicker coatings without running or sagging and have improved corrosion protection
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled, which means you can use nearly 100% of the coating
- Powder coating production produces less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings, improving employee safety
- Economic advantages include material savings and lower operating expenses
For additional information on powder coatings, visit our website at tcipowder.com
We provide dependable, efficient service and carry a wide selection of superior products used for innovative solutions and applications within the architectural, furniture, automotive, agriculture, and construction markets.
Contact us today to speak with our experienced team to answer your powder coating questions or to see how we can help you with your powder coating needs.